View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

The Z1 2 pc rotors are too weak for track use. They're cute and lightweight but they don't hold up under real use. This is what my research indicates - I won't be using my Z1 2 pc rotors on the track.

The Racing Brake 2 pc rotors on the other hand are much more solid and do hold up. Rusty, how many times have you had to replace the rotors on them? Ever?

I'd be interested in the comparison of how much track time you can get out of an RB setup vs the equivalent cost of ~5 sets of cryo treated blanks. Not suggesting that money couldn't be put to better use somewhere else. Just pondering.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote