View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 02:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
thekinn
Base Member

Drives: 06 350Z LS MT
thekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanyluan View Post
Sorry to hi-jack, but if tracking on XP10 and occasional street driving, does the cold temp lathe effect remove that initial transfer layer? I guess what I've been wondering is whether I need to re-bed the pads after stints of short street driving and before track days? Thanks!
Probably not. I usually consider my first session of the track day to be the bed-in/test. More cognizant of how they are performing.. but they are usually on point after a couple laps (after the initial 'warm-up' lap). At worst, you'll need to end the first session a little early for fade..
I'd say to give it a shot without the added process of pre-track bed-in once and see how it works for you.