View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainai View Post
Recently Houston's been hot. On my way to work It was around 100~F the entire way. To make things worst I was going 3mph~ because of road closures. At first I noticed the AC get really hot, then noticed the Coolant gauge was 5 dots from max. I turned off the AC and audio and it was still creeping to 1 dot from max and 260F oil temp, at that point I drove off and parked for some time before moving.

Was it necessary for me to stop or was it alright to keep going?
My Z is boosted with an oil cooler and expanded oil pan (6.5-7L).

Once there was steady speed (25+mph the temps dropped fast)
https://imgur.com/a/W7Ti5jA
Yeap, common issue with a TT car. You need to install the Trackspec vents. All 3 of them. Solves this problem of lack of air flow. You can get the heat out from under the hood. This is the exact reason I have them on my car. I have had no issue.

Last edited by Spooler; 07-12-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote