View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
come on pick up the factory manual, a tube of marking paint, match stamp the caps so you don't put the wrong one on the wrong side and do work. On a new car most fit right away or are just a little off. you just assemble, torque, check with marking paint and if it doesn't run right in the middle of the pinion take the rear end in to a shop and have them shim it if you are lazy. My vote is quaife unlimted lifetime warranty and it doesn't require clutch changes.
Thanks! Ok I'm feeling a little more confident after finding this DIY for a 350Z Carbonetic which I imagine is identical.
http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/d...tall-pics.html

The part that isn't clear to me is how you use the marking paint to ensure center alignment. Can you explain that part in a little more detail?
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote