View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinn View Post
The issue with that is the other pad material left on the rotor when you switch. I've had issues where my pads and rotors kind of looked like the OPs (not quite that bad) when switching from street to race without a clean rotor.

One way to clean the street pad off is to just run the race pads on the street.. it basically acts like a lathe when cold and will do a pretty good job after a 100 or so miles of street driving. Then you are ready to bed in the race pads for optimal performance.

I've also heard of Carbotech's Bobcats. Supposed to be a street pad used along with XP series race pads and I guess due to some similarity in material avoids the steps listed above.
This is what I’m doing or will be next track day. I was switching between xp10/8 and stock and then found the compounds to not really play well together so now I have the 1521 for street but I haven’t switched back to xp10/8 since I haven’t had a track day since. Now I need rotors too cause I got some shimmy goin on, feels like the rear but I want 2 piece all 4 corners so I’ll run with it till I can replace em all.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote