View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I hate to piss on every ones parade, but I don't believe a 400Z will ever be released. Why? Because it makes absolutely no sense business-wise. Nissan is so deep in financial sh*t that designing and releasing a low-volume gas-powered, two-seater sports car makes zero sense. This is especially true if we look at Nissan's core customers who want more and more SUV's.

I may be wrong but just look at Toyota for my case and point. They are the world's number one car manufacturer with endless cash reserves and they still couldn't be bothered to invest in wholly designing and manufacturing the new Supra. So they outsourced it to BMW (and it's subsidiaries) to do it for them. Well, guess what? The Supra is not selling. Some will say that it's because it's actually a BMW. That may be true but the fact remains that even Toyota (#1 car company) did not want to take the financial hit with a true Toyota-designed sports car. So they basically changed up the sheetmetal and rebadged a BMW Z4. They didn't even spend a dime redesigning the interior. This says it all.

I think Nissan is just trying to attract publicity the same way they did back when they released the Nissan 510 (IDX) prototype, paraded it at all the shows and swore it would make it to production. That car would've revitalized and revolutionized the Nissan brand but they still cancelled it.

I hope I'm wrong but in this Covid-19 world we live in right now, all bets are off!
No way does Nissan make a 400Z. There’s no money in it for them.