View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
thekinn
Base Member

Drives: 06 350Z LS MT
thekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotta View Post
Its really easy to swap pads out for track days, thats what I do. 1 set for the streets and one set for the occasional track days.
The issue with that is the other pad material left on the rotor when you switch. I've had issues where my pads and rotors kind of looked like the OPs (not quite that bad) when switching from street to race without a clean rotor.

One way to clean the street pad off is to just run the race pads on the street.. it basically acts like a lathe when cold and will do a pretty good job after a 100 or so miles of street driving. Then you are ready to bed in the race pads for optimal performance.

I've also heard of Carbotech's Bobcats. Supposed to be a street pad used along with XP series race pads and I guess due to some similarity in material avoids the steps listed above.