View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 10:53 PM   #87 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Styrian GP or Austria round 2 this weekend!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...box-fixes-fail

Valtteri Bottas reckons he and Lewis Hamilton will have to drive more cautiously in Formula 1's Styrian race if updates in practice do not solve Mercedes' gearbox problems.

After Mercedes was hampered by a build-up of electrical noise - stemming from vibration caused by the Red Bull Ring's kerbs - threatening the chances of its cars finishing last weekend's Austrian Grand Prix, the team explained the issue was a "complex problem" with no quick fix that would reoccur if the W11 was run in the same arrangement as the season opener.

It is understood that Mercedes will bring new parts to its 2020 challenger to try and fix the issue, as well as understand it further using additional data, which will be collected during Friday's running.

When asked by Autosport if he and Hamilton will have to avoid the kerbs from the off in the Styrian GP during the pre-event press conference, Bottas said: "[I'm] pretty confident the team has tried to do things to fix it already for this weekend.

"Obviously it's limited in the regulations how much you can do and how much you can't when it's about gearboxes.

"But they've localised the issue. I have full trust that we're going to fix it, just when is the question.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote