View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Akhan45,

I can't help you with the post you're looking for, but I do recall that it had more to do with the window fraying the fabric when the door was opened/closed, due to an alignment issue with the glass.

I can tell you that you can save/repair what damage you have there yourself, if you're so inclined. I've done this job on a convertible I owned years ago with great results.

The trick is to purchase a curved needle for this kind of work and from a tarp/convertible repair shop source the same weight and colour of thread.

Then you start about 3 thread stitches back from where the thread is missing, and restitch everything back together making sure to use the same needle holes in the top material and the edge cover.

Watch some YouTube videos on how the needle work is done to hide the lock loop on the bottom when sewing leather/etc. on automobiles.

Sew to 3 stitches beyond the separated section, and then on the underneath seal the last 2 stitches with waterproof fabric glue, applied with a toothpick to lock everything down.

Done carefully the job shouldn't take 45 minutes to complete, and should be almost invisible that a repair has been made. Good Luck!

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote