View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #380 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
In light of the cancellation of Zdayz 2020 due to Covid-19, the illustrious Madwi offered to host an event for some of the members on the forum. This has been captured in other threads, but I'll mention it here so I know where to find my notes again in future.

This was my first time in Michigan. The Grand Rapids area is a bit over 700 miles each way from Philadelphia, which, with stops, makes it around 11 hours of driving. We left Thursday the 2nd, stayed overnight in Pittsburgh with some of my wife's friends, and arrived at Madwi'z Estates Friday around 4:15 pm. Ghostvette, Zs Carpenter, Leingod, Bettyz, and JARblue had already arrived. Beers were had, pizza was consumed, cars were admired.

Day 2, Rusty and his wife arrived along with OldGuy. The corpses of millions of bugs were washed from cars, we enjoyed a 4th of July BBQ with Madwi as grillmaster, and eventually we took a late afternoon cruise out to Lake Michigan before returning to the manor house for light refreshments courtesy of the culinary skills of Lein and his paramour. We also celebrated Rusty and Chris's anniversary with cake, and Betty drank all the whiskey. Perfect end to a perfect day.

Drove home day 3. Stuck due to a car crash on I76 in midwestern PA. Wife did yoga on the highway. Rolled in around 8:30.

Now I just need to install my diff brace, courtesy of Rusty's Z Fab Shop!
It is no Castillo De Larson but I am glad it suited for your stay. It made me happy the two of you could make it, you both are most welcome at anytime.
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote