View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Redline does have esters.

I see it this way. If not using Nissan Ester Oil really was a problem, Nissan would say it was REQUIRED in the manual. It's merely recommended. There is no voiding of your warranty if you don't use it. If you buy into the 'tiny, diamond nano-particles interact with the engine surfaces" description, go for it. As I see it, oil is a substance that lubricates and all of them do it. Synthetic oils are excellent, Redline has esters, and my car is still running like a banshee. Nissan isn't sucking me into the ester scheme and getting me to pay $11/quart every 3k miles. During my first oil change at the dealer (my last oil change there too), they actually put crappy Valvoline in the car. I made them drain it, find Nissan Ester Oil, and refill the car. Once I hit 5000 miles, bye bye NEO and hello Redline.
Redline is ester-based. Nissan's is dino-based w/ ester additives.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote