View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

So...I had a similar issue and was never able to pin point the problem. It occurred at high RPMs in all gears for me. Although it didn't sound good at all, the car seemed completely fine, so I never bothered with it (just thought it was another quirky issue with the Z). Then I had the dreaded CSC failure and replaced the clutch and master/slave cylinder. The noise has completely gone away and drives better than the day I bought it.

I think we can agree it is a transmission issue. I have a feeling if you make the same changes I did, your issue will go away. I'm just not sure if it's the CSC or clutch.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote