View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:15 AM   #2368 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I can see arguments for this stuff either way. On the one hand, localized rules make a lot of sense. On the other hand, people who come from the outlying areas need to follow the rules of the areas they enter.

For that matter, even when it's in their own best interest, people don't like rules.

I live in Delaware County PA which has a high suburban population density, and I work in Philadelphia which has incredible population density. The number of people I see who not only don't wear masks but also get up close and personal is unfortunate, and it has a ripple effect - the more people who don't wear the masks, the more people who won't. For myself, I don't much care. I'm young and healthy enough that the chance of me being impacted is pretty much statistically nonexistent. But I do worry about my parents and grandma.
I worry about my parents, they are in their mid to late 80s. Dad still works 32+ hours as a driver for NAPA. I asked him if he would consider wearing a mask while out and he looked at me and said 'Why? I don't have to get a signature from anyone, I just drop the parts and leave.' Can't fault that logic, I suppose. Mom doesn't get out, she can barely see over the steering wheel and frankly, it's not a good idea if she drives. They do wear a mask at church, but the congregation is really small and the sanctuary is huge, so lots of space between people.

Me, well..... I've got enough damage from exposure to CS, gunpowder fumes and sulfuric acid fumes to cut down on my lung capacity. More than 15 minutes with a mask is enough to make me light headed and unsteady on my feet. My fiancee uses a lavender spray on the bed, I can't even be in the room while she sprays the bed & pillows nor for about 10 minutes afterwards.