View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

I have been driving cars with manual transmission for far longer than 25 years and I never had a need to double clutch in racing (autox and road course) and ESPECIALLY in daily driving. Good transmission fluid and good clutch hydraulic system are important. If a modern car like a 370Z needs a double-clutch, something is wrong with either the clutch system or the transmission itself.

Hell, I have driven an E36 M3 with a broken clevis on the clutch pedal mechanism (rendering the clutch hydraulic inoperative) without a grind. Planning the route to avoid as many intersections with a stop sign, a yield sign, and traffic lights was half the fun.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote