View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #2285 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
On a side note;

I had the display output on one of my video cards shoot craps Thursday night. It's a GTX 760 with 2G VRAM. I thought it might have been a monitor, but I swapped monitors and still the same thing, it would show the desktop for a fraction of a second then go black, then repeat. I swapped from DVI-D (?) to HDMI and got the same thing. I have 2 of these cards, that I had been running in SLI mode, until I had to hook up a second monitor for my fiancee to work from home. It worked great until Thursday evening, then did the above.

I have a couple of options; SLI still works with the wonky card, at least the NVIDIA control panel doesn't show an error message and Skyrim still runs good. I can either 1)Leave it as is, 2)Track down another GTX 760 card and swap out the wonky one so I can run dual displays (which I normally don't do) or 3)Upgrade to newer video cards. The challenge with upgrading is I'm not sure what I can replace the 760s with that will work on my system board. What I know for sure is that it is an i7 4720 with 16G RAM. The splash screen shows CyberPowerPC, so I'm presuming that's who made the board. The drives are all SATA, there is DVI-D (?) video onboard and ethernet, but no onboard WiFi.

I'm going to have to open the case and see what the model number is on the system board, so I have more information.
Anything newer will still run on your motherboard. PCI lanes haven't changed much since the 760 days. Just pick up a used 900 series for under $100, or even a newer 1060 for the same price.