View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP-Z View Post
Hi Guys,

Been reading this thread and trying to understand all the numbers because I have been thinking about making a gear change as well. I have a 2010 with a 6MT with Stillen Gen 3 CAI, Berk Resonated test pipes, and Ark DT-S exhaust. My diff let got the other night and fortunately for me I already have an appointment to have and OS Geiken 1.5 diff installed. I was thinking of going up to a 3.9 or 4.08 but want to understand if will have the desired effect I am going for, which better acceleration for drag/roll racing performance. It seems like from the info post that the WHP will go down some but the torque will go up. Will this give me that improved acceleration I am looking for or am I misunderstanding?
OS Giken is a good choice. When my car just had bolt on's, I had 4.08's installed. It definitely helped with low end performance. I feel it's a good upgrade for a car with bolt ons. Once I went forced induction, I went back to the stock 3.69 ratio. First gear became absolutely useless and the lower gearing isn't needed with added power. That's just my opinion.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote