View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bluetooth Optional?

I am considering not populating the Bluetooth module.

The reason it was on there was to provide a wireless connection to Android Tablet based setups so that the USB port could be used to charge the device. Since then, I see that Braniac has come up with a charging USB hub solution (Mk1.5 Electronics) that allows their system to charge and use USB OTG devices at the same time. This sorta defeats the purpose I had to add Bluetooth... There is no firmware developed for this function yet and it would make the boards cheaper to non populate it. I would leave the footprint on the board so that it could be added later if desired, but I think the majority of people interested in using this feature would just use the USB interface to the device.

Thoughts?