View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggy View Post
See, this is the kind of input i was looking for. The shop i went at was sure the toe was in spec and helped compensate for the camber, therefor i did not question it as much as i should of had.

I have an appointment at another shop which was suggested to me by a few guys who drift near me. over the phone he sounded confident he could ligne it up with my camber setting, plus he has a z a well.

so to be continued i guess
You can’t set toe to compensate for camber. I get what he may have been trying to do but it just doesn’t work that way. Toe in will wear the outside edges of the tire faster as your essentially dragging the tire across the pavement rather than rolling. So in his theory your neg camber with pos toe would cancel each other out but it just doesn’t work like that because as stated earlier your camber is just making the inside of the tire contact and now with your toe your dragging the tire across the pavement on that very little contact area.

Get the toe set right and that’s the best you can do. Your still gonna have excessive inside wear from camber but it shouldn’t t be as fast.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote