View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
crazy4oldcars
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '16 Nismo Tech
crazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond repute

I can't specifically address the flac files, but I found that if I had more than about 3,000 music files on a thumb drive that it took almost my whole drive to work (30 minutes) to parse the files every time I started the car. I ended up cutting back to around 2500 files, & it only took a couple of minutes to start playing.
When I upgraded my Verizon phone plan to the level 2 unlimited plan, it came with Apple Music (not to be confused with iTunes). Now I just Bluetooth connect and listen to my playlist.
Unlike Pandora or the others, I play songs I choose, when I want. If I want to listen to a particular album, I just que it up and push play. (I just went from "Poor Man's Son" to Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony, lol. Sometimes the juxtaposition is ...odd, lol)
The playback will tend to stutter or stop if I get in an area with low signal strength.

Kirk B.
crazy4oldcars is offline   Reply With Quote