View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #49 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Built block in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 grand to do it right.
And even then, it might not hold together.

OP, you've gotten a bunch of great advice from people that have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' When they say the AAM kit is junk, believe them. JLarson is running a BP single turbo kit he installed himself (well, with help from lots of others), Madwi is running the same kit and IIRC he did the install himself (possibly with help from others).

I'm not sure I'd believe your buddy that claims 1050 HP out of his Z, unless you happen to be friends with Mike that's selling his Z (white dragon), but that's just my

I would question the motives of people that are pushing a questionable kit, considering the number of people that have had issues with AAM and not just on this platform. There are too many threads with pictures of poorly cast manifolds (with blocked runners) that are in the hands of customers and AAM not standing behind their product. Information is good, and right now, the go-to folks for forced induction and related hardware are Fast Intentions and BP for kits and phunk at CJM for fueling. Good luck.