View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 05:42 AM   #531 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
So on page 32 I saw your car lift. Out of curiosity what is the height of your garage ceiling? Looks like a tight fit but doable. I'm wanting a car lift but my garage ceiling isn't very tall
The ceiling of my garage has a stepped height. The inner half is 11 feet tall while the outer section is only 8 feet. The height of 10 feet is enough to clear two short (height wise) cars no taller than the Z or the Supra roof. The roofline of the Z06 is significantly shorter than these two.

The problem is the outer 8-foot section. This is where the car on the lift would need to be parked facing outward so the hood can be located under the shorter ceiling height. The most inner part of the 8-foot section was actually cut out to clear the base of the windshield of the car on the lift. In my case, the parking arrangement is a bit complicated and certain procedures are needed to clear everything; literally a few inches of clearance is needed in multiple points.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote