View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default eZ Navi Delete Interest/Availability

I am not sure where to put this, so I have included it in Audio and DIY. Admins - please advise if there is a better/more appropriate way of doing this.

I have been working on the eZ Navi Delete system for my 2009 370Z with factory Navi so that I could put in a custom system. As anyone with a Navi based model knows, the Navi models have the AC controls embedded with the factory stereo controls, thus removing them and the factory Head Unit removes access to control the AC system. This is the only reason that none of the aftermarket car stereo equipment is compatible with the Navi models and website descriptions label them “non-Navi”.

This project was developed as a cleaner and simpler plug-n-play alternative to the original method of Navi Delete using the base model AC controls and swapping out the Navi based AC AMP for the non-Navi AC AMP, running the needed wires to the fuze box, adding pins and splicing into the existing wiring harness. There have been interested followers and PM’s regarding this project and how it could be made available. Bare PCB’s will be available for purchase and I am bringing up a Github repo to make the design files, source code, and flashable files available so that anyone can DIY this. I have also gotten interest in providing assembled, ready to go boards as assembling on the these PCB’s with parts can be quite challenging, especially if you don’t have the proper soldering equipment.

So, the purpose of this post is to get a gauge of the interest people have in the project and to see if building a set of assembled PCB’s is feasible.
  • Do you have a Navi based 370Z and want to install an aftermarket Head Unit?
  • Is there interest in a plug-n-play solution at equivalent cost?

Here is a rough cost breakdown I came up with. Others with more knowledge on the needs of the original conversion method, please comment.

I have put a lot of resources and work into this project over the last year and a half and it seems like a waste if it’s not available to others that wish to do the same thing. I am just not sure what the best delivery mechanism is, which is always an issue with this kind of custom niche electronics.

Resources:
Original non-Navi AC AMP swap thread
eZ Navi-Delete thread
eZ Navi-Delete Github Repo (work in progress)

Interested in thoughts.