View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #95 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I agree, one just has to walk down the aisles at SEMA and AAPEX to see all the no name cheap caliper companies and the foreign manufacturers who will make your own brand for you on the cheap with no testing at all.

I just powdercoated a set of calipers called WP Pro for a guy. These were the worst things I have ever seen. Machine screws holding a finishing plate around the tiny pistons and shrink wrap tubing to insulate the crossover tube!
I see them every year as well. Now, due to the struggling economy, they are desperate enough to offer any tuner a 10 car set deal to get their own logo on the calipers right out of Taiwan or India. The Chinese just copy the big names logo and all! So now almost anyone can be in the "brake business" overnight. Let's just hope they are all keeping current on their product liability insurance payments...
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote