View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
gsjohnson08
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Sport MB M6
gsjohnson08 is on a distinguished road

For anyone that may be interested in going to Nelson Ledges I hopefully have a little bit of helpful advice given the 4 track days I've had there. The first 3 were done on completely stock suspension, with the rear maxed out on camber as much as I could get the tire shop to go, when getting new tires. This resulted in some chords showing on the outer edge of the front left tire (CW track). I bought the SPL FUCAs and had the shop set the front to the following specs: Camber -3, Caster 5.9 and Toe to 0.00 (I'll probably dial this up to .1 next time I go). My rear suspension is still stock and I told them to max the camber out and then even up to whichever was less so they were even. Somehow this came out to -2.7 with 0.00 toe (I'll probably set this to -.1 next time).

With this alignment, running stock sport tire sizes, the Michelin PS4Ss and after figuring out tire pressures I was getting even tire temps across virtually all the tires (using a pretty basic IR temp gun, figuring relative temp is more important that accuracy of temp).

With that being said, my best time was set when the front tires were set at 37.5 psi and rears were set at 34.5 psi directly after the previous session. This resulted in tire temps after the best time session of the following:
FL: Outside - 165 F, Middle - 167 F, Inside - 162 F
FR: O - 145 F, M - 165 F, I - 155 F
RL: O - 155 F, M - 151 F, I - 148 F
RR: O - 138 F, M - 143 F, I - 144 F
I think those are some pretty even numbers showing the alignment and pressures were pretty spot on.

Hopefully this helps anyone wanting to go to Nelson Ledges and maybe how to set up the car. It was my first time getting to play around with it, so any advice to help me go quicker as far as setup is concerned is more than welcome!