View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 05:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
JeffP-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Supercharg
JeffP-Z is on a distinguished road

So I switched over yesterday to try and test. I ran the car down to as far on empty as I could, which was no longer registering a distance on the miles till empty, filled it half way with E-85 and drive about 50 miles, then filled it back up to full with e85. This car is running fine, except it threw a code (U0164 Lost Communication With HVAC Control Module, CAN Communication Error) which I am not sure is at all related. What didn't happen as I expected, the OBD2 never changed from fuel_type = GAS. I would have expected it to switch to E85, Ethanol, or similar. How does the ECU know I am now on E85 and not 93 to use the different fuel map? I have not had it tuned on E85, obviously, and will do it after my Berk test pipe arrives Friday and is installed. Just curious if this is a workable situation or do I need to get one of the E85 kits from Zspeed, CZP, or Z1?
Drift Z: 2010 370z, TopGun Rotrex Supercharger, ID 1300cc Injectors, FI Long Tube Headers, GReddy RS-Race Single Exit, Setrab PS & Oil Cooler, BC Racing BR Coilovers, CJM S1.SE Fuel System, Walbro 525 pump with the CJM Billet Fuel Hat, OS Giken Superlock 1.5
JeffP-Z is offline   Reply With Quote