View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteezee View Post
I've done it, a few days after applying. 'twas the Nissan paint stick.
More like the Nissan lipstick pen.

You ain't going to remove automotive paint with rubbing alcohol. Sounds like you are a victim of one of those paint pen commercials that sell those worthless touch-up pens in the wee hours of the night. Those things are worthless crap.

Here's a scratch that I removed from a car, where they actually used REAL TOUCH-UP PAINT to fix a scratch that went all the way down the side of a car. It looked like crap so they tried to wipe the paint off. From the pictures, you can see that it looked like crap when they finished. I did this at a CAR SHOW, not in my garage. The car was the rental car that I was driving and I purposely chose that car because of that damage. A buffer, sandpaper and a compound and a polish was all that I used. No rubbing alcohol was embarrassed during this repair.

THAT'S how you fix paint when someone who knows nothing about how to fix a scratch decides to use touch-up paint.