View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #5313 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO IX View Post
Find the crash test ratings for the Z34, I've looked. If I am wrong I'll own the fault, but I have not found any. NHTSA.gov has none.

Edit: They have crash tested the G37, from what I was told second hand. They are still all on the FM platform, including Z33, Z34.
A little research reveals that most vehicles that are crash tested meet minimum sales figures. The 370Z is such a low volume vehicle that it was not performed.

Why does the 370 not have any safety ratings?
Crash Test Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
"Your right", I just found this!

The 370 is not a high volume seller!

Some Models Are Not Rated

If the model you seek is missing crash-test results, they may be pending or the vehicle may not be tested. Both agencies concentrate on the "highest-volume vehicles". Convertibles are rarely tested for this reason, though for the first time in 2007 IIHS tested 10 models, including several best-sellers like the Chrysler Sebring and Ford Mustang. Results for new or recently reengineered models are likely to appear months after the car goes on sale because both agencies purchase their test subjects from dealerships. NHTSA notes if a vehicle is TBT (to be tested) or if results are pending or under review. IIHS has begun to offer more detailed information about whether or not test results are pending.

Crash Tests: What You Need to Know - Cars.com

So owners are the crash test dummies like in this video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiz View Post
I haven't seen anything yet, so here's a 370z crashing into the wall at VIR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrA2_ivOtWM

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote