View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I think the previous responses cover the best options available. I'm just curious though, you said you don't want to do a full CBE because of possible warranty issues, but you're willing to do short tails or an axle back. Why do you feel one is safer then the other on reference to the warranty? For any mod to cause warranty issues, a problem has to result because of the mod. So if you have an electrical issue, they can't blame your aftermarket CBE.

I understand being on a budget, but there are some very affordable CBEs out there.
Thanks for the welcome, Spartan!

Yeah, I live in a country where the consumer is not quite well protected against corporate whims. In theory you are completely correct. However, you can't even change the air filter yourself here without risking warranty void. You must take it to the dealership and have them do it.
I already previously called and said an axle back would be alright with the warranty so long as they install it.
So in practice I prefer to be cautious.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote