View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #146 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I just finished taking care of the CSC issue on my car and literally a week later I start hearing the clicking noise lol

Someone else asked what exactly is the impact of this issue/ what happens if you don't get it fixed (other than the annoying click)? Bringing this up because it was never answered, at least not that I saw.

I don't have any of the right tools to fix this issue and I live in an apartment, so it's difficult for me to work something like this. I refuse to go to a Nissan dealership especially if they are charging to fix this.
I just did the change per the information that was given here. I got the Kawasaki axle nuts and the rest the material from Nissan. I did not re use the washer that was already behind the original nut, I just bought three new washers (six total) for the swap.

I could not push my axles in to grease the spline, I don't know why but whatever, I still applied the Permatex copper anti-sieze lubricant in there.

For now the clicking is not there, let's see if it comes back or not. I torqued the new axle nuts to 85lbs, then put the cotter pin in.

If you can't do it on your own, ask your buddies if they can help. Which man WOULDN'T enjoy working on a Z? Pay them in beers and Mcdonald's for lunch/dinner. Done.