View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris View Post
Good day, everyone.

New z owner here planning to get an aftermarket axle back, making the Z finally sound beefy thus. Not wanting to do a full cat-back due to warranty and budget.

Few questions.

1. Is there any axle back that you recommend?

2. Would opting for a muffler delete instead be advisable (I know it'd be much louder, but I'm referring to performance issues)?

3. If I do change the stock muffler, will the O2 sensor go crazy with the fact that the system and the escape velocity of the gases are slightly faster, and thus will warning lights come on? Would I need to either "deceive" the sensor or get a remap for a new oxygen fuel mix (which I won't, given the warranty)?

I would suppose that an axle-back mod would be of rather minute effect to performance (which I dont care about, I just want better sound) that the ECU and sensor could easily compensate and have no troubles whatsoever regarding ratios and sensors, but I have no idea. Anyone here with experience regarding that?

4. Finally, kind of relating to the previous question... would there be a loss of low end torque with the mod (or any other sort of performance loss or issue) - as I'm sure we have all read about albeit with no real conclusion?

Thank you, kindly

Hope you all be having a great day.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Firstly, welcome to the forum!

The simple answer to questions 3 and 4 is NO. Axlebacks will not affect O2 sensors or power.

Axleback recommendations depend on what type of sound you looking for. If you want slightly louder than stock with no drone, I highly recommend AAM Performance S-Line muffler. If you want louder and a very unique sound, the Meisterschaft is probably the top axleback to buy but it is extremely expensive.

Muffler deletes known as short tails are extremely loud and you will have a lot of drone coming into the cabin. If you’re ok with that then go for it. There is no big difference in sound between different brands but the fit and finish may vary. Probably the most popular are the AAM resonated short tails. Remark also makes a pretty good short tail axleback (v1).

Last edited by Cyber370; 06-20-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Cyber370 is offline   Reply With Quote