View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 04:57 AM   #5308 (permalink)
triso07
Base Member

Drives: xxxxxxx
triso07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
I really liked the 370Z for being an incremental upgrade. It's a little ironic as we also understand Nissan's questionable build quality and of course the consequential neglect over the CSC and oil cooling of this car.

But lighter, shorter, wider, more power, higher redline at the time the rev match was sliced bread, a little more of the fastback proportions, small things like relocating the rear body brace. I see how some people hate the redundancies, like carryover interior parts, but I thought the "tweak" approach was a proper way to continue a sports car line.

And I kinda hope the next Z is like that. Give me a better/modern interior, a little more power, hopefully a little less weight, try to keep it reliable and don't go to the moon in features.
I agree completely.

The thing is they have to compete with the muscle cars in the segment. People WILL cross shop those. Because they're good looking cars, with good performance, and a cool factor at a similar price point. Those cars can also handle these days. In theory the buyers should be very different from each other but they aren't. It's clear that's where the money is.

I imagine a good looking twin-turbo 6 with 400hp at around 3450lbs with modern tech at around a 40k price point could actually be competitive with the muscle cars sales wise.

I doubt they go the "cheaper cayman" route. Lighter, higher revving, NA, etc.
triso07 is offline   Reply With Quote