View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 12:35 AM   #526 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's a little insulting. As some opinions/reviewers have been pointing out, the whole "ready to mod" thing is absolute BS. Toyota dismissed the use of braces in the engine bay (like the Z4 already comes with...) and then starts using them now. Small things like that, that arguably should've been on the original debut car.

With the sales strategy to stay consistent by trying to keep the car interesting with improvements every year, it's almost like everyone should hold their breath for the final edition unless they have the money to make it their own — that'd probably be my position in acquiring a 2020: if I could give zero s***s about a $40-50k car's warranty and throw money at it to fill all those voids immediately.

I get it, doing what they're doing is how they can get around a difficult sales/profit model. The car as it debuted is actually pretty good sans BMW glitches. I guess the effort can be appreciated vs. having absolutely nothing. Just unfortunate this is how a sports car rolls out.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote