View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 10:36 PM   #5305 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Not me, I saw the 370z at the auto show and fell in love instantly. I liked the 350z but then when I saw the 370z I thought man the 350z looks way too tame now and like a “cute” girl car. I’m curious to see what the 400z becomes. I know it’s supposed to be influenced off the 240 but I really hope they don’t go too heavy on the retro revive thing as all the cars that have done that look dated very quickly (mustang etc) and if it looses the gorgeous coke bottle figure the 370z has then I’ll be really sad.
I really liked the 370Z for being an incremental upgrade. It's a little ironic as we also understand Nissan's questionable build quality and of course the consequential neglect over the CSC and oil cooling of this car.

But lighter, shorter, wider, more power, higher redline at the time the rev match was sliced bread, a little more of the fastback proportions, small things like relocating the rear body brace. I see how some people hate the redundancies, like carryover interior parts, but I thought the "tweak" approach was a proper way to continue a sports car line.

And I kinda hope the next Z is like that. Give me a better/modern interior, a little more power, hopefully a little less weight, try to keep it reliable and don't go to the moon in features.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote