View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #1161 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
How about a 9 day on site job that turns into a 27 day job. Salesman sold the job without even looking at the updated prints. Original equipment was wired for 120V AC. Over the years, the customer added some stuff. Now they have 4 to 20 mA, 120V AC, 250V DC, 480V AC. Took 3 electrical engineers, and 1 dump azz to figure things out. Ran everything through relays.

Show up on site and NONE of your parts are there. Not scheduled to be delivered for another 1 week.

Fly out to San Fran. Get to job site. Walk in to the office. They look at you and go you doing here? The job was cancelled 3 weeks ago.

Fly to Seattle for a 4 day job. Go in Monday morning. Get our safety training. Walk over to the piece of equipment that's giving the customer nightmares. Look over the equipment. Start laughing our azzes off. Make a few adjustments on the knobs. Equipment is running prefect. Tell the engineer in charge that he has of bunch of knob dickers working for him. And tell him to tell his guys to leave their mitts off the knobs. Was out of there in 45 minutes. Couldn't get a flight back home any sooner then Thursday. So I got stuck in that city for 3 extra days.
I flew to NYC to install some new routers and make sure our software deployment went smooth. Got there, someone had made the decision to postpone everything while I was flying to NY.

So I stayed there the remainder of the days I was scheduled to stay there for. Did the tourist thing. Then my flight back home on a friday was cancelled due to weather. I had a weekend getaway planned for the next day. After arranging for available flights, I think I had 4 different layovers and the final leg was from Burbank to Orange County (~60 -75 miles) on a small prop plane. Oh, and I had forgotten my keys in my hotel in NY. Had to get a locksmith make me a new key in the Airport parking garage.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace