View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute
Default /

That's basically what I wrote in my original post. The car is fast as f, but only for a very limited time. The joke of them not being able to perform is certainly not true anymore. Do they have room to improve? absolutely. That's why I said it is the future vs the past, we are somewhere in the middle at this point.

As you said, getting out on track is fun no matter what. I don't care if it makes noise or no noise. What's fast is fast, slow is slow. The Model 3 Performance can perform closer to a GTR than a Z, that's a fact. Your point about them not consistent is absolutely true. I was frustrated that I didn't get to improve my time because I ran into a moving pylon on lap 1. At least with modern technology, you can easily review the data and see how much you can improve roughly. It's the drawback of having cheap speed, I guess you can just buy a Mustang GT and be done with it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Not trying to offend, but the problem with results was the concern I had when I first read your post. But to hear you say this, I am confused what the Model 3 does for you if you care about results. Unless you simply are referring to the experience driving e-power on the track and not comparing different times in the car.

To me, it seems like it would be extremely frustrating to be driving a different car around the track every lap, which is what appears to be happening since the power isn't consistent. You can't even tell if you improved your lap times

But for me, getting out on the track is like getting out on the golf or disc course. If I'm out there, it's already a win. Tracking positive results is just the icing on the cake
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote