View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
msonbol37x
Base Member

Drives: 09 SC g37x
msonbol37x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Im also curious why you are switching to the Soho kit when the ACE kit is a better design and you are local to me.

FYI. Im running out of spare throttle body and MAF extension harnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Im also curious why you are switching to the Soho kit when the ACE kit is a better design and you are local to me.

FYI. Im running out of spare throttle body and MAF extension harnesses.

There are a few reasons...

I personally don’t think the design is better. I feel like your new kit has too much piping. Not a big fan of how much it fills up the engine bay and I’d imagine it would increase the boost lag with all the piping.

Install is also another issue. I’m already running the A2A kit with the rotated blower and I don’t even know where my stock manifold is, let alone some of the bolts I’d need and having to reroute everything back where it originally was. It’d be much easier to just fix my current issues while sticking with the “same idea”

I think intercooler efficiency is also another issue. I’m judging this one based on your V1 since we don’t have enough info on your ACE kit. I made about 2psi less on your intercooler than I’m going to make on SOHOs on the exact same setup. I’d hope your new intercooler doesn’t have as much of a pressure drop as your last one... Not enough people out there with your kits to test it. SOHOs intercooler is already tested and proven.

Power also doesn’t differ very much. Your kit made 525 on 93 with the 9lb pulley and the SI blower. SOHO A2A makes that on with the 8lb pulley. I see them post it on their page all the time. Before we get into the “they’re only making that much power because they took the filter off”, let’s just say they make close to the same power then. We wouldn’t really be seeing a difference in power. It’s just a different design...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msonbol37x is offline   Reply With Quote