View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSON View Post
SZR. To be fair, I think the dealers weren't accounting for drier or evap valve install either. I think I'm just going to go with a local shop that'll do it with an aftermarket compressor and 1 year warranty, which is the same as Nissan anyways.
$850 for just compressor + $300 for drier.

Is a new drier necessary? The local shop says only if there's debris from compressor actually seizing and breaking. Some people told me should get a new drier every time you open the system.
Always a good idea to change the drier for the reasons SouthArk mentioned. I think the evap valve takes the place of an orifice tube on import AC, so I'd replace the evap valve too. AC repair is expensive, regardless of who does it. It takes time to get things apart. Something to consider, depending on the mileage on your car, replacement of o-rings at all the junctions isn't a bad idea.