View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 02:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqholic@Korea View Post
Yesterday my mechanic told me that stock mafs are enough for the figures below the 1 bar boost.
The next best thing to do in a situation where ecutek is not available is after all uprev.
Ecutek, of course, is the best tool in the world.
However, depending on the tuner's skills, if the tool is not used properly, it is meaningless. The situation in the Korea. is very much. worst condition. (Fuel and Information about boost Z),max 91octane(ron97) and no e85. The easiest way to buy kits in Korea was sohomotorsports. (Payment, Delivery)

My friend is riding a2a z in Georgia.(royalty performance)
He is 800whp over, adjusted uprev by Jon of z1 and has no problem so far. He is using stock mafs, too.
The stock mafs were not essentially designed for forced induction applications otherwise those forum members would not recommend speed density tune in ECUTek. Furthermore, UpRev would not make those gt maf sensors without a need (that will be a joke). My tuner did have tuned several cars of the A2W Stillen kits of upgraded pulley (about 9psi) using stock mafs and UpRev no issues here, and he still recommends using ECUTek to all his new customers bc he once told me that he had to tune them in a way semiblind due to those mafs incapable of providing sufficient readings as well as the turbulence-associated issue met accidentally. Of course, both UpRev and ECUTek are just tools and a good tuner is of primary importance, but with all that money you have invested for the kits, why would someone not want to spend a little more to make their cars more reliable as well as to get the best results out of them? I can get it that your difficult to make it done in ECUTek there, but I strongly don't recommend saving the sensors. You will make the tuner restricted in unleashing the full potential and further upgrade of the A2A kits (but it's perfectly fine if your tuner is willing to do it for you). I'm personally running my car tuned in map-hybrid SD provided by ECUTek. As I said I wouldn't recommend doing so but this's your call. Just my 2 cents. On a side note, I'm a little bit doubting about making 800whp with merely stock mafs in UpRev on stock blocks. As far as I'm concerned, the reliability will be a concern in a long run without some tricks and support.

Last edited by "Z"en; 06-16-2020 at 11:03 PM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote