View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

My solution is only a half measure that is suitable for daily driving but nothing more at the moment.

Around 10psi, suction pressure at the supercharger input overcomes the ability of the silcone tube transition through the front framing. The biggest problem is that it has to transition from 3.5" round to rectangular-ish, back to round. It's at that rectangular transition where the collapse happens. Current boost production with no filter is around 14-15 psi (Slight over-spin).

I do have some 3.5" aluminum tubing that I bought in hopes of shaping it into a support structure to insert into that transition while also preventing it from potentially dislodged and sucked into the SC, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I got a good bargain on a supercharged Mini Cooper that I plan to use as my daily, so I have been spending a good bit of time working on a full service for it. Service requires taking that supercharger off which REQUIRES me to basically take the front of the car off..... Dumb.... and frustrating haha.

Once the Mini is road-worthy, the Z will get some more work and R&D.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote