View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #400 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG@gbrettin:
First time in a long time I could bolt a part on with out being a headache. Nice off the shelf part from @motionraceworks. Perfect fit and a compact foot print. Plenty of room exhaust with out even having to clock the starter. #motionraceworks #ls370z

Full exhaust, @fastintentions , will be ran with my turbo system. Off the turbo it will be 3" into boost actuated dumps supplied by @loudvalves. The exhaust will neck down into 2.5" to the Fast Intentions exhaust system. The mid pipe will be modified slightly and @blacksheepindustriesinc vbands will replace all bolted flanges. The 10 year old exhaust will be polished out at the end of the build AND I will refresh the carbonfiber cans with a special almumized 3k twill. Something to be said about the exhaust specifically, this is the first generation of Fast Intentions exhaust, thoroughly used. I highly recommend them because of the high quality and they have great service.

-------------------------

Additional thoughts. Notice the car is on a hoist. My buddy set me up with a permanent hoist location until the car is complete. They plan on using that specific spot for long term builds. With it on the hoist I can wrap up the fuel system, cooling/coolers, transmission button up and exhaust system. I'm grateful to have the ability to raise and lower my car as needed, life got SO MUCH easier!

I'm really looking forward to wrapping the carbon fiber on the F.I. exhaust down the road. I think the bolts will be switched out with titanium hardware, 12 or bolts. Here's the link to the Aluminized carbonfiber, that's the same stuff I will do my pin on hood (if you're paying attention to my notes). The aluminum weave will catch the light giving it that little extra.. At Least I hope so... The price definitely has that little extra...

https://compositeenvisions.com/silve...m-toray-t-300/

Starter Install

F.I. Exhause mounted

Planned exhaust path

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote