View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Not OP's issue. Oil around plug went into the cylinder when he removed the plug. Causing the blue smoke. Common problem when the valve cover seal at the spark plug hole starts to leak.

You can also get blue smoke from bad valve seals and guides. Also from a bad pvc valve. Older transmissions that use a vacuum modulator. When the modulator goes bad. It can suck up transmission fluid. Causing smoke. Older GM's were great for this.

Yeah, I thought the electrode was covered in an oily film. I did not understand from OP's write up that it was on the coil side. If that is the case, then I agree with Rusty's explanation above.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote