View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #214 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I've had dirt bikes in the past. 125 Puch, 250 Bultaco Pursang, 250 Ossa, 400 CR Husky, Honda CR500.

The Honda CR 500 was a beast that wanted to hurt you just for looking at.

The Husky 400 would break your foot starting it if you wasn't careful and wearing tennis shoes. Plus the engine would run backwards too. It was the first year with a cdi ignition. It fired in both directions of crank rotation. Husky fixed it the following year. If the bike backfired when starting, it maybe running backwards. I found out about this the hard way. I dumped the bike in a creek crossing and got water into the carb. Got the bike out of the water. Removed the sparkplug. Flipped the bike upside down so it was sitting on the handbars and seat. Put the bike in 4th gear and turned the rear wheel. This rotated the engine. Bunch of water came out of the sparkplug hole. Replaced the sparkplug, The engine was loaded up with water and fuel. So you shut off the fuel tap, and start the engine. Hold the throttle wide open until it cleans it's self out. Once it does, you open the fuel tap. So far no problem. Bike is running the way it should. Put it into 1st gear and drop the hammer. Fvcking bike took off backwards. Ever seen how the front of the seat and the rear of the gas tank looks like on a 1974 Husky looks like. We used to call it the Swedish Birth Control Method.
I wish you had video of that?

I remember all those bikes all too well. Most of my buddies raced desert. Some raced motocross. One had a 450 wr husky, that things was a beast. Maico (breako's), Pentons were real popular in the early 70's also. One buddy had a Rickman/Penton (Rickman frame)
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp