View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
mhadford
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37X
mhadford is on a distinguished road
Default I'm an infiltrator, with a SC'd G37x, and no 370Z.

Hello all,

I joined because the forced induction discussions here are much more informative than the G37 forums.

I've had my G37X for 6 years, supercharged with Stillen kit for the past 5. I've been running the Stillen setup with the only modification being an UpRev custom tune. Have over 50,000 reasonably trouble free miles on the setup. Other notable mods include BC racing BR suspension, Hotchkis sway bars front and rear, Kinetix traction control and camber bars, Kinetix HFCs, upgraded brakes and so on.

Now I'd like to boost the HP a bit since I'm not so worried about breaking stuff (which is inevitable) . Waiting to buy the new version of Topgunz A2A kit. (another reason to join this forum).

My previous car was a Maxima that I also supercharged in 2003 (along with a zillion other mods) that eventually made 486 HP @ 13 psi until a blown MAF led to a blown engine. Swapped in a remanufactured engine, parted out the mods, gave it to my kids to drive and bought the G37.

I was active on the Maxima forums back in the day, but not active on the G37 or 370z forums, because I didn't really need any info, until now.

So here we are.

I've ordered the Wiring Specialties ECU patch harness to wire in a J&S Safeguard knock retard unit. Contacted TBatt to buy his kit to stop serp belt slipping. Ordered a smaller SC pulley from Cap'n Carl at 928 motorsports, and larger idler pulley from Rockauto. Contacted Aaron for the A2A kit (he says 2 weeks). Cheaping out on the fuel supply by raising the fuel pressure instead of bigger injectors. New UpRev tune and I should be good to go.
mhadford is offline   Reply With Quote