View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #119 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Definately getting something with disc brakes. rear derailluer. Whatever wheels comes on the bike. And no clue on gears. i just assumed the typical 7. And I'm not sure those matter that much after a conversion anyways.

While Iw ant to keep it cheap, I also don't want to halfarse it. A Wally World bike just seems sketchy. I was thinking about a Giant or something.

I was reading that article earlier actually. haha
Unless you want to do offroad, get a hybrid. Most are 27 speed, 3 chainrings up front, 9 speed cassette in the rear. Like I mentioned, you'll be removing the 3 chainrings in the front to install a single chainring that comes with the bafang kit.
The 9 speed in the rear is still good to have over a 7 speed. Hybrids generally come with 700c wheels, that's the same size as a road bike but wider. They are basically 29". Also, get stainless steel spokes on the wheels or the spokes will rust out in no time. Get trigger shifters, not twist shifters that come on the cheap bikes. And do not get a steel frame bike, aluminum for sure. Giants are fine as are all the name brands. Again, it all has to do with the components. I ride a Fuji hybrid as my everyday bike. It has high end components. The owner of the shop I did repairs for is a Fuji dealer and gets their bikes for less than half off. I paid him $300 for an $800 hybrid. He is also an electric bike dealer. If you were out here I could get you an amazing price on an electric bike.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp