View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 03:01 PM   #108 (permalink)
Zingston
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: like it's a rental.
Zingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
To do it right. You need to go to a bike shop to get measured.

26" tires have been around forever. The 29" came out a few years ago. Said to be less rolling resistance. Not everyone is doing them.

Other thing is brakes. Cantilevers brakes or disc. Go with disc's.

Gears. How many gears you want? There is some new stuff out there that I haven't kept up with.

Isn't he just getting this bike to put an electric motor on it and tool about with the girlfriend? If so, seems to me it really doesnt matter which bike he gets as long as it has a seat, handlebars and brakes. Wouldnt a walmart bike work for this project? Don't get me wrong... my last bike was a Cervelo triathlon bike, so I understand. But buying a high end bike to strap an electric motor on seems like overkill.