View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
To appease Susan and go bike riding with her, I plan to get a bike and convert it to an e-bike. Anyone have recommendations on a good mountain or hybrid style bike? The frame needs to be 68mm-72mm for a mid mount motor to be installed.

I plan to get a bafang 750w mid motor kit with either a 14ah or 17.5ah tube style battery.
It's based more on components than brand of bike. Most bikes are running Shimano components. I would look for Shimano Deore rear derailleur. Front shifting won't matter because you'll be installing a single chain ring up front for the electric set up and will lose front shifting. Definitely go with hydraulic disc brakes. Mountain bikes have either 68mm or 73mm bottom brackets so find that out when you buy the bike and then order your kit. That is unless the kit comes with adapters for either. The Bafang mid mount kits are a good kit. A buddy of mine installed a 1000 watt one his full suspension mountain bike and that thing flys.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp