View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeevora
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MB M6
Zeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond reputeZeevora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Android Interface Piggyback for OEM Navigation/Bose 370z

New owner here, just bought my '14 370z Touring in Midnight Blue a few months ago.

This started bc I like to put android head units in all my cars for access to OBD/Torque, spotify, youtube, etc. and was heartbroken to find out the Z's with OEM Navigation/Bose headunits are difficult/near impossible to upgrade. After searching for awhile, I found this piggyback Android unit on Aliexpress and decided to gamble. I've seen the Navi Delete thread and honestly that's probably a better performing/superior solution, however it would require more work and time, as well as sourcing parts.

Here's a quick review and rundown on this unit. It comes from a company in China called Lsailt. It's essentially an android based interface that runs parallel to the Z's factory Bose/Navigation head unit. It piggybacks off the OEM touchscreen and buttons for input and uses the factory AUX channel for sound. Imagine having two headunits running at the same time but using the same touch screen.

The Good:
1. It's 100% reversible, no cable cutting/splicing required. Everything is plug and play.
2. It does work. Play Store apps can be downloaded, youtube videos play without stutters etc.
3. Maintains OEM appearance and functionality. You can still use the factory FM/SAT/Nav whenever you like.
4. Support (Surprisingly) - for a product shipped from China on Aliexpress, it's pretty good. They had a representative that speaks english reach out to me via whatsapp/email throughout the process. They verified the right product was being sent for my model, updated me on shipping, and followed up with any issues during installation (luckily I had none).

The Bad:
1. Price. At $500 this is not a cheap unit, and it's performance does not live up to that price tag either. It claims to have a Hexacore processor with 3gb of ram, but there is some lag after inputs and app loading times are a bit long. Think of a cell phone after it's a year old.
2. Touch inputs - it uses the OEM touchscreen, however sometimes a touch is not registered if it's too soft, scrolling is a bit laggy, and the corners especially are hard to be accurate. Overall still easily usable once everything is set up properly.

Overall impression. Probably not worth the $500 unless you absolutely want the increased functionality over the stock system as the performance is sub par for today's standards. I'd say its really only worth about $300. It does however do what it's intended to do.

Here are some pics and a video of how it all operates:
https://youtu.be/FCFOF2yIVRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/FCFOF2yIVRU

Everything has to come out to add the included piggyback harnesses

Took me awhile to figure out this was the correct mounting location

This is not the stock launcher. I'm using the carwebguru Launcher

Youtube Image Sample

2017 Lotus Evora 400
2014 370z Touring

Last edited by Zeevora; 06-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Zeevora is offline   Reply With Quote