View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #508 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
If it's between these 3, my vote is for Motordyne. The HKS is very very quiet. Greddy I haven't heard. Motordyne is incredibly awesome (but be aware it's loudish).
The Greddy is loud. It opens up from 2.5" to 3" in the mid pipe. I'm running it with Fast Intentions resonated test pipes and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ļon View Post
Cool thanks...still a bit more research to do I think...weird you say HKS is quite I was watching a clip on the audio thread it sounded relatively loud (quiet in comparison to the motordyne maybe?) Just having trouble justifying the extremely large price tag they have at motordyne for a catback(3700 by the time it lands here up north I was quoted ) ...anything else comparable you could recommend?
The HKS is a straight 2.5" all the way. It's a bit more restrictive, so it won't gain as much power and won't be as loud(also due to 4 muffler sections and 2 resonators). This only really matters if you're chasing every bit of power you can get. If you want something that sounds nice, it's a solid option. You can't go wrong with Fast Intentions, Greddy, HKS, or Motordyne.

Last edited by Whjaxn17; 06-08-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote