View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #5181 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

babyzilla, My M2 has been trouble/issue free so far (knock on wood). I follow the M2 forum on Bimmerpost and it looks like the original M2's have been very dependable with only few minor issues. The M2 Competition with the S55 (M3) engine which came out at the end of 2018 has slightly more issues, which included a few engine swap outs by BMW. However I believe those issues have been worked out, as I haven't seen anything on this for awhile.

I really enjoy mine. It's faster in every aspect vs the 370, is definitely more parctical and the vision is great. A few things I miss about the Z, hydraulic steering (M2 is really precise and very good for electric). Shifter as the gates feel better defined in the Z, plus the M2's feels a little rubbery and the height, length of the clutch pedal travel. The M2's one is really long and the top stop point is about an inch and a half above the brake pedal. I've put in a BMS clutch stop to shorten it but it still comes too high. However the pedal's weighting is good, it's light and excellent for DD duties plus it's the damn easiest 6mt I've ever driven!

I plan to keep it at least 5 years before making a switch. I really hope the 400Z is a winner and makes it a hard decision for me to keep the M2 any longer
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote