View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 03:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cyber
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Sport M6
Cyber is on a distinguished road

I just got mine installed last week. It's a project that I've been putting off for a year because I couldn't get the plastic to look good enough even after following workshop 12s videos that offer some guidance. After my third attempt didn't come out how I wanted it too I put it off for another couple months until deciding to vinyl wrap it. The 3M matte black vinyl ended up being a great match. I can post up some pictures if you like. I'm a little concerned about the longevity of the vinyl but I wouldn't mind wrapping it again. It was my first time using vinyl and I have the v1 plastics (one piece instead of two) which gave some difficulty on the bottom of the 3 dials. It's wrinkled but I can hardly see it in the car so I will live with it. However, I think the v2 plastics would be really easy to wrap. I do have noticeable hiss but I'm optimistic that I can troubleshoot that issue (workshop 12 emailed me some steps to take). I do see myself upgrading to a setup like NorthStyle mentioned one day. I do plan to wire up the Joycon EXR on Friday to my steering wheel controls. I used a donor metra harness to remove some pins to fit into the brainiac mk1 elecronics harness so that I won't have to splice into the factory wiring at all.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote